Pages

Thursday 16 June 2011

Wednesday Night Yu-Gi-Oh! - 15.06.11

Well this will be a short report! I prepared a nice and interesting Dragunity list for this week. Alas, the sideboard was a mess as I left it til last minute, and forgot to bring several key tools with me to build it on site!


Round 1 - X-Sabers - XOX
Interesting games, but my total lack of experience with the deck is my excuse for the horrendous mistakes I made. I lost game 1 on the back of synchroing into Thought Ruler Archfiend instead of Stardust Dragon when he clearly telegraphed having a set Mirror Force and not a third Dimensional Prison, and game 3 I forgot completely that Dragunity Dux has a continuous pump ability, which might have allowed me to seize the kill if I'd realised sooner. Not the greatest start to an evening.

Round 2 - Bye!

Round 3 - Plants - XOX
The first two games are fairly solid back and forth. When it came to game 3 I was too unfocused and easily distracted, and rushed to kill after a couple of turns of setting up. I glance at life totals, see 6000 and synchro into Trident Dragion for game, destroying all my backup utility...only to realise I was on 6000 and I hadn't dealt damage to him this game whatsoever. I realise I'm incapable of playing well today and call it a night.

*Drop*

Conclusion
Well this week was clearly a disappointment, but I did however enjoy the games I played. My crazily heavy workload recently amongst other things has prevented and real practice, and it does feel a bit meaningless to prepare with no definite major events to work towards pre-Librarian, and even pre-Xyz. I suspect I'll fall back into playing Junk Doppel in order to prepare for Librarian, whilst looking into working T.G. variants. It's quite disappointing to see Kristya still has no confirmed reprint for the near future, which along with Duality makes strong builds of Agents out of easy reach. It will be curious to see how Junk Doppel operates without it's easy Shining Quasar Dragon OTK strategy. I suppose time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment