Pages

Thursday 2 June 2011

Wednesday Night Yu-Gi-Oh! - 01.06.11

This week I opted to play a deck I always enjoy, though have never had the greatest of success with: Infernity!

Main – [40]
[3] Infernity Archfiend
[3] Infernity Necromancer
[2] Infernity Avenger
[2] Infernity Mirage
[1] Stygian Street Patrol
[1] Dark Grepher
[1] Armageddon Knight
[1] Plaguespreader Zombie

[1] Infernity Launcher
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Giant Trunade
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Allure of Darkness
[1] Reinforcement of the Army
[1] Book of Moon
[1] Foolish Burial
[1] One for One

[3] Infernity Barrier
[3] Infernity Inferno
[1] Infernity Break
[1] Solemn Judgment
[2] Solemn Warning
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Torrential Tribute
[1] Call of the Haunted
[2] Dust Tornado

Extra – [15]
[1] Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
[1] Dark End Dragon
[3] Hundred Eyes Dragon
[1] Infernity Doom Dragon
[1] Scrap Dragon
[1] Stardust Dragon
[1] Thought Ruler Archfiend
[1] Black Rose Dragon
[1] Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
[1] Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
[1] Ally of Justice Catastor
[1] Stygian Sergeants
[1] Armory Arm

Side – [15]
[1] Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
[2] Cyber Dragon
[2] Thunder King Rai-Oh
[1] Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
[1] Puppet Plant
[2] Nobleman of Crossout
[1] Bottomless Trap Hole
[2] Dimensional Prison
[1] Dust Tornado
[1] Gottoms’ Emergency Call
[1] Hero’s Rule 2

Round 1 – Random Beats – OO
Both games were over incredibly fast, with complete Hundred Eyes Dragon looping in both games via Giant Trunade and carefully timed traps. Naturally drawn Infernity Barrier’s can be pretty useful in forcing through Infernity Archfiend’s tutor effect!

Round 2 – Blackwings – OO
Game 1 is very short and neat, with a nice Hundred Eyes Dragon loop enabled by my early set of a Barrier. In game 2 I fail to make a perfect loop by tutoring Launcher instead of Mirage when I hadn’t normal summoned that turn, but I managed to pull out two copies of Hundred Eyes Dragon and an Archfiend. In his turn he proceeds to use Smashing Ground, which I allow, a second Smashing which I negate with Barrier and then a Dark Hole which I negate with my last Barrier. Once the dust settled he cast Monster Reborn on my deceased dragon, removed a Gale from the grave and dealt with my remaining dragon easily. I draw out the game with blockers, with Avenger shining in that role, before finally piecing together an Infernity Doom Dragon to burn him out for game.

Round 3 – Gravekeepers – XX
Game 1 was over very quickly, as he locks me out of any plays easily. Game 2 drew out a fair bit longer, removal flying back and forth, including a hilarious Mirror Force activation on his Assailant and THREE Recruiters! He managed to draw into a vast amount of powerful spells and traps whilst sitting behind two Spies in the early game, resulting in me knowing he has a set Oppression and an active Necrovalley I have to answer to even try to win. I Dust his field spell, attempt a rush, using Barrier to answer Oppression, but Seven Tools leaves me losing over the next couple of turns.

Round 4 – Fabled – XOX
As you’d probably expect, this match is very dependent on who goes first, and seeing as he won the die roll he won the first game easily. I beat him down with Rai-Oh and Grand Mole in game 2, locking out any of his plays, but fell victim in game 3 to a starting hand consisting of Infernity Launcher and both copies of Infernity Mirage. A Morphing Jar flip and The Fabled Unicore later and the game was over.

Conclusion – 2-2
A relatively disappointing event, but not an entirely unexpected result in the end. I enjoyed playing the deck, but it’s far too easily disrupted right now, and likely easier still in future when priority leaves this game. I was quite surprised as to how weak Allure of Darkness and Plaguespreader Zombie proved to be, but a lack of testing made that a pretty clear oversight in rebuilding the deck. A casual game against a Miracle Hero variant after the event terrified me when I managed to loop with Hundred Eyes Dragon, setting 3 Barrier and a Break, only for my opponent to flip up Royal Decree. Maybe that card is worth trying out right now, with the excessive use that traps are getting right now in the post-Heavy Storm game state?

No comments:

Post a Comment