Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

MTG News - B&R Update

Today is a day that will be long remembered by players of the colour blue. Jace made an entrance to the game much like a hushed whisper. His powers were mysterious, his potential evident to but a few. In a format dominated by the destructive cascades of the Bloodbraid tribe the little mage decided to bide his time, carefully devising a means to conquer.

Last year I won my first real tournament when I won the Manchester Nationals Qualifier, and I did so with Jace at my side. I spent my day drowning out forests, swamps and even mountains, before calling upon Jace to seal my victory. By nationals I lost faith in the Mind Sculptor and decided to dabble in fire and lightning, a thrill of an experience that was as short lived as it was minimally successful.

This year, determined to make up for the error of my ways, I called upon Jace once more and qualified for Nationals yet again. However this time it pains me that Jace will no longer be welcome at the table once I reach Sheffield in August. I owe much of my success and enjoyment of Magic over the past two years to Jace, the Mind Sculptor, much as I did to Cryptic Command before him. Did Jace truly deserve his banishment? His strength is undeniable, but cannot be wielded by those lacking experience. Jace tests skill and patience, but the sheer number of players seeking the challenge of putting him to use simply could not be met by demand.

Can Jace be replaced? Will Tezzeret rise to power? Can anything overcome the might of Valakut? All I know is that Jace will be missed, until Extended season lets him return to competitive action. And until then, there's always Legacy!

Note - I have no sympathy for Stoneforge Mystic. She had it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment